Saturday, May 01, 2010

Peased To Announce…

I did exactly what this funny and talented ex-Bukhara chef did to make his Matar Paneer. Okay, I did not follow him to the T, as I omitted the cumin seeds which I thought would not exactly go well with the silken texture of the Matar Paneer. 
vahAlso because the friends I was cooking this dish for could not handle much heat, instead of chopped green chilies, I just added a couple of them slit lengthwise. Not sure if that makes a huge difference, but my quirks were satisfied. Plus I was slowly gaining in confidence as this was my paneer encore in the same week!

I am not going to write out a recipe for Matar Paneer today. I mean who needs a recipe for something which is available on Google and YouTube in abundance. I am sure smart people like you can find your way there! But if there is someone out there who needs the ingredients and the recipe, write to me and I’ll be glad to send it your way.

But for now, I will let the photographs do all the talking!
IMG_7661IMG_7664IMG_7665IMG_7668 IMG_7669 IMG_7672 IMG_7673 IMG_7674 IMG_7678 IMG_7691 Oh and I also did not add fresh cream at the end because I realized I had used it all up to make the Maple Crème Brûlée for dessert! Instead I garnished it with julienned ginger.

2 comments:

Shilpa said...

Wow... that sure looks yummy :)

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

very interesting preparation...!