Friday, January 28, 2011

Heart-shaped Strawberries Dipped in Dark Chocolate

Valentine's Day is upon us. Attentions turn to matters of the heart. Thus this post of fresh, red strawberries dipped in what every lover longs for – sinful, dark chocolate.

IMG_1008 This should be a perfect way of celebrating a signature-style Valentine’s Day. Just go get some fresh strawberries and the best dark chocolate in town and you will be the queen of hearts. Or the king.

IMG_1012

Ingredients for Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate are:

Strawberries
Dark chocolate
Parchment paper
Bamboo skewers

Thoroughly wash and drain the strawberries. Prepare dark chocolate (70%) on a double boiler till it has melted but not runny. A lot of supermarkets have ready-to-use bottled melted chocolates which can be nuked and used.

IMG_1013 Poke each strawberry with a bamboo skewer. Dip each strawberry individually in the dark chocolate and lay on a tray lined with parchment paper.

Let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so that the strawberries and the chocolate set well.

IMG_1025 Serve chilled and experience a burst of love in your mouth.

IMG_1023

16 comments:

Soma said...

With these treats, i wish everyday was valentine's day. One of my very favorite things to have.

Satrupa said...

O my my ...... gurl u r upto some mischief ;-) The combination itself is sinful :D

Lovely Clicks

Priya Suresh said...

Those strawberries looks absolutely divine..

Preety said...

love strawberries with chocolate..

GB said...

Nice! Save me some please!

Sound Horn Please said...

I 2nd Gagan- I can hop over to Toronto anytime now :)

notyet100 said...

perfect for anytime

Sharmila said...

The strawberries we get here are very tart. So I almost always avoid having them raw ... make some preserve or compote instead. These look beautiful Pree!

Tanvi said...

I can have box full of these provided strawberries are fresh! Love your rosy plate.

Sutapa said...

A delectable treat for the season of love dear!

Kamini said...

Oooohh yummy! Love strawberries, not a choc fan, but with strawberries I'll eat them if they are choc covered.

Manasi said...

Thank U for visiting my blog.
U have an awesome space here :)
U know, every time i look at chocolate strawberries , I think I *must* have this, sadly I haven't tasted them as yet. I am missing a lot, u think?:)
Guess I will this time.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh these look so good. I really like these two together!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

ooh... yummy....
i love it too...

Anandi said...

I am looking for a menu for my daughter's 21st birthday...can you help me please?? i want it to be as special as possible!!!

PreeOccupied said...

@Anandi, I have consolidated some of my recipes here: http://preeoccupied.blogspot.com/2010/10/durga-pujor-bhuribhoj.html

and here:

http://preeoccupied.blogspot.com/2010/12/these-are-some-of-my-favorite-things.html

See if anything from there interests you. Happy birthday to your daughter. May it be the best.